8.20.2010

August 19, 2010

Surprise! Keith and I got ourselves married!
Walking down the aisle, if you will...
Peterson Park, right on the other love of my life, Lake Michigan.

Lighting a smudge all the way from Hawaii.
A day dedicated to my amazing dad.

The tying of the hands.
And tossing of the rocks, a tribute to my father.


It's official!
Mother-in-law!
And this is Alice, the gem of a woman who made it official.
Husband and wife!

Technically we just got all the legal stuff out of the way
so that when we gather in Louisiana, we can focus on the more important things, like...
CELEBRATING!

Larry Mawby's Us champagne. GOOD STUFF.


Alice brought along her dear friend Michael as the second witness.

He took some lovely photos for us. Thanks, Michael!
I wore my mom's wedding ring for the day, my favorite ring aside from my own.

I also wore a necklace from my dear grandmother, Rocky, and carried a handkerchief from my dear Grandma Berry...






This photo is barely legal. I love you, mom!
The craziest part of the day? Alice asked if I knew The Love Story...
And then revealed that she is Lee Cheadle's cousin. INSANE!!! She also brought us eggs from her chickens and some of her homemade smoked fish pate using fish she caught AND smoked. Sound familiar?

On the drive to Northport they played Ob-la-di (!!!!) followed by Our house, one of my favorite songs ever.
So many unexpected little pieces throughout the day made it that much more perfect.
I woke up at 5am to lightning and thunder and pouring rain but by noon the clouds were parting to reveal a gorgeous, perfect day.
A woman we ran into on the steps at Peterson told me rain on your wedding day is good luck.

I believe her.
I'm already feeling it...

LOVE!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah! I'm really happy for you two!
congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm wishing you a lifetime of health and happiness.
Love,
Joe

JESUS IS MY GIRLFRIEND said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JESUS IS MY GIRLFRIEND said...

Oh mon dieuuu!
Je suis si heureuse pour vous mes petits chéris!
longue vie & bonheur!
Johanna from France
<3

Julien Gardair said...

NO FUCKING WAY!!!
SPLENDID so you did it!!!
by yourselves, right,
but let celebrate NOW
TOGETHER
CONGRATS GRATS GRATS!!!!
LOVEYA!!
(you're so so cute on these pictures, I wish you'd like to make it more public and be there for you, with you)

But we have a lifetime to celebrate now, right?!

Cassidy said...

Everything about this is just PERFECT. XOXO

temple said...

bravissimo!
beautiful and wonderful. yes, made me cry. so happy for you guys!
love to you both, all!

Pam

ckdozi said...

Beautiful and Amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

awesome lil' molly! awww... looks like a gorgeous day. much peace and love to you, from your other big sis named erin... :)

Unknown said...

So happy for you Molly! Much love to you and Keith. I wish you a lifetime of happiness!
Mariah

M. Aerin McSwizzle said...

*sniffle*

it's just so precious and delightful.
the goose and her gander.

i love you so big.

*double sniffle*

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you both! Wishing you a lifetime filled with endless love, happiness and good times!!

Lots of love,

Kevin

S K said...

Congratulations - beautiful beautiful Lake Mich and beautiful bride!

My favorite part is that you have a Grandmother named Rocky.

lauren said...

congrats you adorable flapper bride!!!
i spy Mawby champagne!
and rain on your wedding IS supposed to be good luck, it rained on mine and we were married in Suttons Bay.

you guys looks great and it looks
like a helluva good time.

Jeanette B said...

Congratulations Molly and Keith!!! Your special day sounded amazing and perfect. All the best as you begin this new chapter in your lives.

kfw said...

Wah! Congrats. You two are gorgeous and love that Michigan scenery. XoXo

Unknown said...

May you both be blessed forever! I love it! Thank you both for being great friends and such a light in my life.. I love both of you and CONGRATS! on the new life together...To my brother from another mother and his WIFE... Peace and Love

Molly Donahue said...

thank you all! it was indeed a magical day, and i certainly caught myself a good man...
much love!

Unknown said...

Congrats MoKi! What a wonderful surprise.
Much love
Su