3.05.2008

What the duck?????

I slept TERRIBLY last night.
Too hot. Too cold.
On my back. On my stomach. On my side.
Switch of pillows. No pillow. Pillow over the head.
All the while, the minutes ticking away until the alarm clock would open it's big, dreadful, dinging mouth.
FINALLY, after hours, I fell into a deep, dark, amazing slumber.
quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack.
It was just getting light outside, and I shit you not, a duck, quacking away like the sky was falling.
A steady beat of quacks, every second a quack for a good few minutes, followed by a short silence and then, for the finale, two very loud quacks.
Woken up by a duck?!???
In the midst of NYC!??!?!
It must have been asking for directions.
Too bad the pigeons don't smoke quack.
Ba-dum ching.
(Golf claps)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sure you weren't sleeping on the quacker?