3.07.2008

Dead Ringer?????


I give you Glenne Headly, my own personal dead ringer, or so I'm told, ALL THE TIME.
And I'm not posting photos of me, because the four of you that read this know well what I look like.
But I promise you, I'm not exaggerating here, I get it a lot, sometimes twice in one week.
And nobody ever knows what her name is, they just know I look like someone.
Then they go through some movies or TV shows, and it's her every time.
Mr. Willy was the very first person to call it, in high school, after Mr. Holland's Opus came out, and he would not shut up about it.
"You look JUST like her, Molly..."
And then he would grit his teeth a little and say it again, "Just like her."
He did this until I graduated. Annoying? I'd say so.
So I eventually figured out her name.
And it still happens.
In stores, on the street, on trips, even at my job.
One guy at work thinks The Love Story should change its name to The Glenne Headly's.
And yet another dude at work kept telling me about this character in Lonesome Dove that looks "just like you."
Every morning.
He eventually brought in the DVD's and I spent six hours of my life watching them.
There is one particular shot in the film where she eerily resembles my mom.
And I do, indeed, look a lot like my mom.
But I still don't see it.
Do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOTALLY...kind of scary, but you are way prettier

Anonymous said...

i see mom in the 2nd photo and you maybe in the hair somewhere.