1.31.2008

to be watched

i watched this yesterday as i silently battle some nasty illness.
it's still creeping around in there, digging it's talons into my ears and throat at night, and now, suddenly, filling my lungs with crud.
unfortunately, i don't feel much better than i did two days ago, when i woke up (after 17 hours) in a feverish sweat and lost my appetite for 48 hours.
in other words: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.
the film is French, made in 1978 and gloriously hilarious.
nervous, shrieking Albin is so dramatic it's endearing (i didn't think this was possible).
Renato Baldi is elegant, cool and my new favorite man of men.
and the buttler (ha!) wears next to nothing and weighs even less.
i guess Birdcage was the American attempt at a remake, but believe me when i say that the original kicks its teeth in.
too bad the VCR ate the tape, is still chewing on it, and from the sound of it, may never give it back.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh again.

No comments: